Scheduling a TV recording can be achieved in a number of different ways, both from the web interface, but also from the OSD. In this section, we will deal with the OSD elements for recording.
To schedule a TV recording from the OSD you can open the TV Guide from the TV Menu, Alternate Select an item, and select Schedule for recording. An entry will be created in the Scheduled Recordings overview under the TV Menu. When entering the TV menu while there are recordings scheduled, you will be presented with an overview of these recordings in the information area above the menu listing.
If you do not use the EPG functionality, your channel isn’t listed in the EPG data or you wish to record an arbitrary amount of time from a certain channel, you can schedule a manual recording. To do so, open the TV Menu and select Manual Record. Here you can adjust the following settings:
- Modify name: Here you can enter a name for the resulting recording.
- Modify channel: Here you can select the channel to record from.
- Modify start month: Here you can set the month in which to start recording.
- Modify start day: Here you can set the day on which to start recording.
- Modify start time: Here you can set the time at which to start recording.
- Modify stop month: Here you can set the month in which to stop recording.
- Modify stop day: Here you can set the day on which to stop recording.
- Modify stop time: Here you can set the time at which to stop recording.
- Save: Save the settings you made to the entry.
When a TV recording is in progress, you can see that the television icon in the Idlebar becomes active.