A. Extent of Limited Warranty
1) PelNet warrants to the customer that PelNet products will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the duration of one year, which begins on the date of purchase by the customer. The customer is responsible for maintaining proof of the date of purchase.
2) For software warranty, PelNet's limited warranty applies only to a failure which occurred due to a serious error in the original software. PelNet does not warrant that the operation of any product will be uninterrupted or error free.
3) PelNet's limited warranty covers only those defects which arise as a result of normal use of the product, and do not apply to any:
4) improper or inadequate maintenance or modification(e.g. shell usage, hardware modification, etc);
5) software, interfacing, media, parts, or supplies not provided or supported by PelNet; or
6) Operation outside the product's specifications.
7) If PelNet receives notice of a defect in any hardware product, which is covered by PelNet's warranty during the applicable warranty period, PelNet shall either repair or replace the defective product at PelNet's choice.
8) If PelNet is unable to repair or replace, as applicable, a defective product which is covered by PelNet's warranty, PelNet shall within a reasonable time after being notified of the defect, refund the purchase price for the product.
9) PelNet shall have no obligation to repair, replace or refund until the customer returns the defective product to PelNet.
10) Any replacement product may be either new or like-new, provided that it has functionality at least equal to that of the product being replaced.
11) PelNet's limited warranty is only valid in the country of purchase.
16.1 Terms and Conditions (continued)
B. Limitations of Warranty
1) To the extent allowed by local law, neither PelNet nor its third party suppliers make any other warranty or condition of any kind, whether express or implied, with respect to the PelNet products, and specifically disclaim the implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, satisfactory quality, and fitness for a particular purpose.
C. Limitations of Liability
1) To the extent allowed by local law, the remedies provided in this Warranty Statement are the customer's sole and exclusive remedies.
2) To the extent allowed by local law, except for the obligations specifically set forth in this warranty statement, in no event shall PelNet or it's third party suppliers be liable for direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages, whether based on contact, tort, or any other legal theory and whether advised of the possibility of such damages.
D. Local Law
1) This Warranty Statement gives the customer specific legal rights. The customer may also have other rights that vary from state to state in the United States, from province to province in Canada, and from country to country elsewhere in the world.
2) To the extent that this Warranty Statement is inconsistent with local law, this Warranty Statement shall be deemed modified to be consistent with such local law. Under such local law, certain disclaimers and limitations of this Warranty Statement may not apply to the customer. For example, some states in the United States, as well as some governments outside the United States (including provinces in Canada), may:
a) preclude the disclaimers and limitations in this Warranty Statement from limiting the statutory rights of a consumer (e.g., the United Kingdom);
b) otherwise restrict the ability of a manufacturer to enforce such disclaimers or limitations; or
c) Grant the customer additional warranty rights, specify the duration of implied warranties which the manufacturer cannot disclaim, or not allow limitations on the duration of implied warranties.