Both navigating through the EPG and scheduling recordings can be achieved in the Web Interface as well as the OSD.
The EPG and recording functions in the Web Interface are distributed over 4 or 5 pages, where the last page, ‘Search’, is disabled by default. To enable the Search page, activate it by modifying the WWW_PAGES variable in the Web Interface under Settings -> Www. Alternatively, you can enable it as a personal page under
WWW_PERSONAL_PAGE. The other 4 pages are EPG, Scheduled Rec, Manual Rec and Favorites.
The EPG page provides a similar layout to the TV Guide overview in the TV Menu of the OSD, showing a timeline moving from left to right and a vertical list of the configured channels. Navigating through the EPG can be performed in a number of ways which are explained below:
- Select a time and day in the top left hand corner above the EPG and press the View button.
- Select the ‘<<’ or ‘>>’ symbols on the left and right hand side of the timeline to navigate backward and forward through the EPG.
- Select a category from the Category drop down menu above the EPG.
- Select a channel in the EPG to see all remaining data for it.
- Enter a search term in the Search box below the EPG. This function searches through the entire EPG for occurrences of the desired term(s). Optionally, you can place a tick in Movies only, though not all movies are labeled as such in the XMLTV data.
Note that the Category function relies on the presence of category information in the EPG data, though not all XMLTV sources provide this.
The same information that is made available for individual TV programs can also be displayed in the Web Interface by clicking on the desired item. An info dialog including the program’s start time, stop time, length and description should be displayed. Just below the start and stop times there are three buttons which allow you to close the dialog or add the item to the Scheduled Recordings or Favorites. Any changes made here are directly visible in the OSD and vice versa.
13.3 EPG and Recording Functions (continued)
As mentioned on the previous page, you can schedule an item for recording or add it to the favorites simply by clicking on it and selecting the corresponding option. The Web Interface offers the same functionality for manual recordings as the OSD.
To schedule a recording, access the Web Interface and navigate to Manual Rec. Here you can see the same parameters as in the OSD within the Manual Recording menu entry. Below is a brief list of the individual controls and their functions:
- Channel: Here you can select the desired channel to record from.
- Start Time: Here you can specify the date and time to start recording.
- Stop Time: Here you can specify the date and time to stop recording.
- Title: Here you can specify a title for the file in the OSD.
- Program Description. Here you can specify a description which can be displayed in the OSD.
To add the recording job, select Add to Recording Schedule at the bottom of the page. Note that the Start Time may be in the past, though the Stop Time must be at least 3 – 5 minutes in the future. If you add a recording schedule with a start time in the past, the recording should start within approximately five seconds.
To view all scheduled recordings or cancel a currently recording program, navigate to Scheduled Rec in the Web Interface. The Scheduled Rec page displays a list of scheduled recordings, including the start and stop time details, where future recordings are listed in black and the currently recording program (if any) is listed in red. You can cancel the current recording by selecting Remove on the right hand side of the recording item.
To manage favorites in the Web Interface, navigate to Favorites. Here you should see list of configured favorites (if any are configured). Here you can configure duplicate detection, priority, episode handling or the item’s name (displayed both in the Web Interface and the OSD).